Little Help?

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Mon Mar 10 14:19:46 EST 2003

I wonder if the kernel modules are not being loaded when gpm is being
started.  do an /sbin/lsmod & see what's running.

What a 2.4 kernel, you should have 2 key modules loaded....  input &
mousedev.  If they are not there, load them manually, and them restart
gpm.

Oh, I believe that the BIOS reserves IRQ 3 & 4 for the serial (upon
config), but they won't appear in /proc/interrupts until the serial kernel
module is loaded.

-Rob

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, JJ Neff wrote:
>
> > No mouse does not work in console after starting gpm.  Everytime I restart gpm
> > or run mousedrake to set mouse protocal and gpm restarts it fails stopping and
> > then starts OK but NO mouse in console even after "starting" gpm.
>
> Just checking, but by console, I mean virtual terminals 1- & not a
> terminal emulator in X - try killing off X & doing it from there...
>
> --
> Mark T. Valites
> Unix Systems Analyst
> CIT - SUNY Geneseo