newbie redhat update problem

Floyd Baker fbaker at olm1.com
Sun Mar 9 20:46:06 EST 2003

I've looked into the files.

In /etc/hosts I see:

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
(Do not remove this line or various programs
needing network functionality will fail...)

In /etc/sysconfig/network I see:
NETWORKING = yes
HOSTNAME = 'localhost.localdomain'

So, is this not sufficient or correct?

Is there still a need to rename or add anything, beyond how it is
shown to be?

The trouble is, I've had this box configured by others because I know
little of linux yet, and don't want to screw anything up that was done
for me, by experimenting.  I'm putting another box together now for
that.  In the meantime please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks

Floyd