Open Office fFor Dummies?

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Mar 6 09:29:36 EST 2003

I think shipdadip gave some good comments but I would like to point out
one thing I have noticed from experience with it.
  OO reads and writes word and excel files no problem and works even
better in it's own format, .sxw, .sdw, however, I had some major
problems when I saved an existing .xls (excel) file into the OO format
of .sxw. Formula's started not to work, etc. So, bottom line is, if it
is an excel file, keep it an excel file and OO will be happy to read and
write the file, but it will prompt you on changes to save in the OO
format, this I wouldn't do, as explained above. Keep that in mind and
you should have no problems.

--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>