Liberty Library

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 09:51:46 EST 2003

Well, if that's all you want to do is use the second processor, why not
just install the SMP kernel from the distribution?  If you only had one
processor when you installed Mandrake, it doesn't install the SMP kernel.
If it was there, then take a look at /proc/cpuinfo and make sure that
you're only using one.

I'm really leary of installing development series kernels unless you don't
care if you blow up the machine and need to reinstall.

Cheers!

Bob
--- Bob Stockdale <javabob at adelphia.net> wrote:
> I am trying to compile a development kernel (2.5.63) . It requires
> Oprofile. Oprofile stops compilling as it cannot find liberty library.
> It is suppose to be in binutils.  My version is
> binutils               2.9.5.0.25
> After searching the web  I haven't found liberty library nor binutils >
> 2.12.?.?
> Does anyone know what the scoop on this is?
> I'm running Mandrake 9.0 on a dual Athlon MP1800+ . All other kernel
> dependancies have been satisfied and I just want to start utilizing the
> second processor.
> Thank you.
> Bob

=====