Dual boot

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 09:56:23 EDT 2003

If you remove lilo, you won't have a boot manager.
A better alternative is to have lilo boot to windows
as default OS. Most linux distro's have a gui to
configure this. DON'T set the boot time to 0. Bad
things happen.
Check your distro's doc's, as always.

--- Justin Bennett <justin.bennett at dynabrade.com>
wrote:
> What  does it matter if lilo is there? you can have
> it boot windows by
> default. How would he boot into linux then? But if
> you must, fdisk /mbr
> from a dos disk.
>
> Riga, Anthony wrote:
>
> >I setup a Dual boot Linux - hdb /Windoze - hda box
> for a family member who like using Linux for the
> games.I set it up using LILO. He wants to have it
> boot directly into Winblows without using lilo. How
> do I get rid of lilo and have it boot into windows?
> I took out the Linux hdd and tried to boot into
> indows but can only see the letters LI . Do I need
> to blow away the mbr? Do I do fdisk /mbr in Windows
> or Linux to delete the mbr?  Any suggestions?
> >

> --
> Justin Bennett
> Network Administrator
> RHCE (Redhat Certified Linux Engineer)