Gedit and Printing

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Mon Jun 23 14:26:47 EDT 2003

Well, it almost works.  Maybe someone can help me on this:
When I do
print file.txt
or
cat file.txt | print

it works fine.  I think this is because the files are text files.
When I tell gedit to use print, I think it's converting the file to
postscript before it sends it to print.  When print gets it, it passes
it to enscript.  enscript takes a look at it and says (-Z option) leave
this alone and prints it without any of the enscript features I want.
But, if I turn off -Z, the raw postscript goes to the printer (not good
;) )!  So there's something else about printing I need to understand.
Any ideas?

Joe