Photo Resize

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 15 07:22:21 EDT 2003

Hello All:
	Does anyone know of a program or a script that reads a directory of
jpeg files (or any picture file) and can resize them. I have a friend
who is not computer savy. He does a news letter for an antique car club
but cannot view a CD of jpeg photos at 1280 x 1024 (actually the sizes
vary from approx 1024 x 768 up to 1600 x 1200) as his monitor resolution
is only 640 x 480.
	I would like to have a method to copy all pictures to a 640 x 480
resolution in a new directory. I have done some manually in the GIMP,
however, it is very time consuming. There are many pics and several
directories. Any suggestions?
Thank you.
Bob