PAN problems

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 12:50:13 EDT 2003

I suspect that pan is storing information about what newsgroups and messages
you've already looked at in a file in the directory.  If you modify the data
(with the windows version of pan) and don't update the tracking file, it may
just refuse to do anything since the file list and the tracking file are not in
sync.

Chances are that you're going to have to whack all of the .pan directory and
start over.  Make sure that there are no pan related files in your home
directory (such as .newsrc if it uses it) that might also be a problem.  In
fact, check .newsrc in case pan tries to update that.

Cheers!

Bob