Free Compression Software

rwechter at liberatortime.com rwechter at liberatortime.com
Tue Jun 10 11:40:38 EDT 2003

All,

I was pretty happy when I stumbled upon a free compression software called
7-zip.  This might be old news to some but new news to me.

Found the URL on the FooBar2000 website: http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org
. 7-zip supports extraction for 001, 7z, arj, bz2, cab, cpio, deb, gz, rar,
rpm, tar and the infamous zip.  It supports compression for GZip, tar, 7z,
Bzip2 and of course zip.

And...of course....you cant forget you cant forget about command line
support.  I have used its support in Win2k (aaaack) with some customization
(had to move the 7zan.exe file from 7zip's directory to the
X:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory) and it ROCKS!

Hope you find this as amuzing as I did....

Ron