Video clips in e-mail

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Jul 28 20:22:17 EDT 2003

Have you tried xawtv?
While we are on a note like this, check out this little story....
One of my clients bought a new usb camera, hooked it up in there
Mandrake 8.1 box, it would find it but had a problem mounting it as a
mass storage device, even though it found it as a scsi device, anyway,
brought it back here to check on my RedHat 8 box, same thing. Told them
to let me upgrade them to RedHat 9, I was sure it would pick it up, same
thing. I upgraded all the packages on the RH site, still same thing.
Thought I would try updating the kernel via the RH network (up2date),
and voila! Under the new kernel, picks up the camera, mount it as
/dev/sda1 and now we have pics!
That was totally *ing cool!!!

--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>