Jabber or something close

cliff at cliffmeyers.com cliff at cliffmeyers.com
Sat Jul 26 07:52:11 EDT 2003

Tom,

(Hi everyone.  This is my first post to the list)

I set up a Jabber server internally for testing purposes and it worked great.
The install process from what I remember was extremely straightforward.  You
download the services files, unpack them, and run the setup program which is
semi-graphical and darn simple to follow.  I used the Exodus client (for Windows)
which seemed to have the most features of all the ones listed on the Jabber
website.  The only thing I don't know about Jabber is how secure it is, but
assuming that people use it to run totally public servers, I'm sure it's got to
be pretty decent.

-Cliff