Full-PPP ISP's

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Wed Jul 23 19:41:05 EDT 2003

There's a bunch in the Buffalo area.  For one, there's a few of us on
this list that work for ISP's that provide full dialup.  Having worked
for one, and work currently for another, I know BuffNET.net (then) and
Netsync.net (now) both have users running Linux, BSD and the like.

On a non-advertising side, try this:

BuffNET: http://www.buffnet.net/
Netsync: http://www.netsync.net/
CyberSource: http://www.cybersource.us/
BlueMoon: http://www.bluemoon.net/
LocalNET: http://www.localnet.com/
Adelphia: http://www.adelphia.net/
MadBBS: http://www.madbbs.com/
FroggerNet: http://www.froggernet.com/
comet: http://www.cecomet.com/
envision: http://www.a-znet.com/
PC Expanders: http://www.pce.net/

That's a list of ISP's I've checked out in the past.  Personally
speaking, I used Moran Communication (hacked to death, go fig) as my
first ISP w/ linux, then BlueMoon. I rarely had a problem with Bluemoon.
  Then I moved to BuffNET when I worked for them, and the same can be
said of Netsync.  Most if not all of the ISP's listed above use standard
PPP with no extra software, and hence should be compatible with KPPP or
similar using Linux.  After all, an uneducated consumer is an
advertising agencies best friend ;)

Hope that helps,

    Tony