Package Recommendations RFC

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Jul 21 19:04:46 EDT 2003

Bob and I go round and round all the time about Mandrake. I personally
don't like it, as a server it let me down and got hacked and numerous
times it embarrassed me by doing goofy shit at clients, etc. RedHat is
rock solid and has never let me down, ever. and RedHat 9 is really
really slick and I used to wonder why RH was favoring Gnome, now after
using Gnome I can see why, it ROCKS! I would never use KDE again, too
many crashes, etc and it was slow. Same machine with Gnome, totally
different in performance. As far as what packages, I always install the
devel stuff because you never know when you want to add stuff, etc.
Anyway, Mandrake 8.1 was really clunky compared to the new stuff. It
would be a hell of alot less time to just redo that box.

--
Cyber Source <peter at thecybersource.com>