News reader?

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 00:12:25 EDT 2003

I tried everything from Netscape/Mozilla to PAN and I keep coming back to SLRN.
 Sorry but the threaded and sorted searching and ability to uuunencode and
search and create kill or score files etc.  all of it is too much.  I can work
fast in SLRN and have gotten quite familiar with it.  Now I am working on
creating scorefiles so that all mail in my fav newsgroups is already marked as
read or near the top if somethin gin it is important to me.

look at slrn.sourceforge.net I believe or just google slrn for tutorials.

YES it's cmd line but text is text.  If you want to grab lots of images (even
those that are split up over multiple messages) SLRN will do all that...

JJN