Newbie with 2 Questions

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 22 15:21:23 EST 2003

I am not an RPM expert but I had a similar problem and the solution had to do
with me rebuilding the now corrupt RP db.  rpm --rebuilddb or something to that
effect.  It rebuilds DB based on installed headers and not incompleted RPM
downloads.  This may not be the correct way to do it but I'm pretty sure your
answer lies along that path...

After rebuilding your DB you can then try to run up2date again and it should
see that the installed files are older than the updates online...

JJN