WINDOGS

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sun Feb 16 22:55:12 EST 2003

I got the machine home and put the drives in, but it wouldn't detect the
Primary master. After 5 reboots and cable position swapping, I have
determined that part of the problem must be a bad IDE cable. If the
drives are in the bays, the BIOS will detect the drive connected to the
plug at the end of the cable, but not the one connected to the middle.
If that drive is left dangling by the cable, instead of mounted in the
drive bay, all is fine. Go figure !!

All my progam paths are screwed up now because of the addition of the
second drive. What used to be D: is now F:. If  I swap the jumpers so
what is master will be slave, and what is slave will be master, in order
to make D be D again, will the blow out LiLo again ?
There will still only be Mandrake and Win 98.

I have unpartioned space left on the drive with Win 98. Is it possible
to some how move the Mandrake "en masse" to that space so I can try to
fix Windogs ?
Windogs is listed as a file now, not a directory. I want to try to fix
it, and one of the install options on my old copy of windows [ on 13
floppies ] is repair/replace missing or corrupted files, but it would
rewrite the MBR again.

--
"We're all mentally ill - some people just hide it better than others."
Stephen King

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE