FEB Mtg

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Fri Feb 14 15:25:02 EST 2003

On 20 Jan 2003 at 6:20, Robert Meyer wrote:

   > The Mandrake boot disks provide a 'rescue' option.  If you have
   > Mandrake 8.2 or later, you can stuff the install CD in the drive and
   > when it boots, hit the <F1> key to get to a prompt and type 'rescue'.
   > You will be presented with a series of options, one of which is
   > 'reinstall LILO boot loader' or some such.  It will do what it says
   > and life will be good.  I've used this numerous times when folks I
   > know do a windows install after bad things happen to their windows
   > partitions and it overwrites the lilo boot.
   >
   > Cheers!
   >
   > Bob

It's mandrake 8.1.
I was able to get to a root at rescue prompt on the command line, but not
sure where to go from there.

Are we on for this SUN ??
I'll bring it in.
Can somebody bring a Mandrake 8.2 or later boot cd ?
--
Scott
Pegasus v 4.01

"There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
those who understand binary, and those who don't."
Richard Hubbard