Dell's Linux Compat

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Wed Feb 12 21:57:57 EST 2003

I had a PII Latitude 450mhz. I had linux on it ran great. Can you get
specifics on the video, sound, ect? Then you can check Hardware
compatability list from redhat or whatever dist you want. As long as the
hardware isn't too new it should be supported by the latest release of
whatever distribution.

Justin

Scott Lawton said:
> I get fliers from time to time with used Dell computers for sale, and
> have been thinking off and on about getting one for  a Linux only
> machine. I'm thinking of a Latitude laptop with a P III. How is their
> compatability for sound, video,  modems, NICs, etc, ?
>
> Does anyone have firsthand experince with them ?
> They're happy to tell you how Windows compliant they are because it's
> Pentium, but I don't know.  Call me non-conformist but I've always had
> AMD chips.
>
> --
> Scott
> Pegasus v 4.01
>
> "There are 10 kinds of people in the world:
> those who understand binary, and those who don't."
> Richard Hubbard

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator