Good IDE for webdev under Linux

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Fri Feb 7 22:17:14 EST 2003

I'm not one to code anything using MS products, although, I have a need
for them since my customers use them (ie: MS Publisher, FrontPage, etc).
  I, personally, don't develop web appz using MS Visual * ... if I can't
code it using Joe/Pico/Vim from the shell, or while booted into Linux,
then I turn to Macromedia.  Macromedia Homesite is an awesome tool,
combined with Bradbury Topstyle (for HTML code tidying and CSS), or if I
want a GUI, I turn to Dreamweaver.  I've used tons of windows appz, and
dreamweaver has the tightest code, and combined with TopStyle and other
plugins, doesn't do too bad for security nuts either.

As for Linux/Unix... if/when you find one, let me know too!  I could use
a HomeSite/Dreamweaver alternative for linux.  I have done enough
handcoding for a lifetime after spending 6 months developing a PHP/MySQL
site from scratch, and in the past 3-1/2 years, am still hand editing it.

   - Tony