Video Monitor Compatibility

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Feb 6 21:47:22 EST 2003

Should be fine, the only things that affect the monitor are resolution and
refresh rates. Just check to see what the monitor supports and set your
settings accourdingly. In x windows you can run redhat-config-xfree86
where you can set resolution and refresh rate. Any new monitors
(especially large flat panels) should be able to take whatever you can
throw at it....

Justin

Joe said:
> Hi. I'm thinking about buying a Kogi 17.1" LCD monitor for my computer
> (on sale at Best Buy).  I went to Red Hat and Mandrake hardware pages
> and couldn't find Kogi or Gvision at all.  Are there any Linux issues
> with monitors per se or just with video cards?  I know you have to get
> the settings right in the drivers to avoid damaging the display (at
> least with CRT's), but that should just be copying a few specs from the
> product manual into a form or table during the install.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe Pollock
>
> (I'm currently on this list as josephj at main.nc.us, but I'm temporarily
> up in Buffalo, so I have to use this email address.)

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator
Dynabrade Inc.