Redhat ES E1000 Problems

deadpoint deadpoint at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 27 17:32:40 EST 2003

when you boot the new kernel are you able to manually load the kernel
module with insmod? it's possible that the kernel is loading the modules
for the old kernel and the new kernel doesn't like them. are you using
grub or lilo as your boot loader? check lilo.conf and or grub.conf to
see which initrd and kernel image are being loaded.

redhat likes to use softlinks in /boot for vmlinuz, initrd, System.map,
and module-info. maybe the links are pointing at the wrong files, i.e.
the old ones and the kernel is following those links.

good luck
darin