Web Space Help

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sun Dec 21 22:45:57 EST 2003

I just recently found out  I have access to ftp webspace from my ISP. In
their words:
"This space can be used to build a web page, or host photos for your
online auctions."

I thought I would use it to store screen shot images for posting to user
forums and mailing lists like this.
Rather than inserting or attaching jpgs, I could just post a link in the
message.
I found acres of info on how to get the stuff up, but not down.
Another direct quote: "We do not offer any support or instruction for
the use of your FTP space. "

I can access what is there via ftp, but it is all password protected. My
question is this:
What form do I put a URL in, to put in a link to allow PUBLIC access to
the images ?

It is not a web page, per se, just some small jpgs.
The closest I can come is this:
http://green_man@members.bluefrog.com

But  if I add /public_html/  to the end of it, I get a 404 FNF error.

It seems the solution should be quite simple; I'm hoping some of you
more web savvy types can help out .

TIA,
Scott
--