GLMame Question

David Mangani dmangani at att.net
Tue Dec 2 21:13:17 EST 2003

Hi all,

    Just wondering if anyone here is using GLMame. I have it installed
and it works great.... with one exception. It simply will not display
any of the old late 70's vector games, lunarlander, tailgunner,
asteroids etc. The ROM images test good using mames built in ROM
checking utility. The start up screen shows the rom info then after
hitting "any key" the screen goes blank. If I follow "normal Mame
proceedures" , ie putting in my quarter ( #5 ) Entering one player game
( #1) the game starts, I can hear the sounds etc, but nothing at all on
the display. I am using all install defaults but have tried many
different combinations of X-11 and GL options to no avail. Anyone have a
clue or some advice? I realise that this is pretty trivial stuff, but
any help would be welcome. FYI, Fedora Core 1 Release. Nvidia 3D driver
installed and working great ( Tux etc ). All other normal raster scan
games run beautifully. USB Microshaft joystick even works out of the box!

TIA
Dave