knoppix

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 27 17:32:17 EDT 2003

I copied the iso to my linux box and burned a cd using
XCDRoast and it works! Wow, for an OS full of programs
that run just off a CD drive, Knoppix is fantastic! I
can't believe all the apps.
I live in the southtowns and when my current ISP runs
out in about 45 days I'm going to switch ISP's. Does
anyone recommend a local dial-up ISP? My current ISP
doesn't support Linux. I figure I can use the 45 days
to get more comfortable using Linux before going
online.
Also I have been having trouble getting OpenOffice to
work. I have RedHat 9 and all the Koffice stuff works
great but OpenOffice apps just pretend to start
opening then die out. I don't even get a splash
screen. Anyone have this trouble? I tried the updatedb
and also uninstalled it and reinstalled from the
RedHat RPM but no dice.
Thanks in advance.