For the Video guys, Mark?

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 21:42:00 EDT 2003

Most (but not all) TV cards are video only and just PASS THROUGH the sound
through the soundcards line in (or CD in ports via a wire jumper) to get audio,
 in this case you would need to be recording from the soundcard (/dev/dsp for
OSS, or /dev/snd/pcmC??? for ALSA) while grabbing frames.  Some better TV cards
do have audio record ability with the btaudio OSS driver. (I donno if there is
a comparable ALSA driver..)

For DVD's you might look into dvdauthor..  I've personally never used it as I
don't have a DVD burner..

You might try the mpegtools package

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk