Server Crash

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Fri Aug 22 04:23:20 EDT 2003

I had a machine go down hard last night, A redhat 7.3 machine with a
dual Tyan motherboard. The machine was pingable, so there was some
elementary TCP/IP going on but thats about it. I could telent to the
box, got a connection established but nothing else, no logon prompt. The
console was a black screen and didn't respond to keyboard, you couldn't
connect to any network services. The last entry before my reboot in
messages was

Aug 21 22:28:58 machinename kernel: APIC error on CPU1: 02(04)

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks
Justin

--