scsi tape drive

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 19:45:17 EDT 2003

Well, it doesn't matter if it's compatible or not 'cuz anything on the SCSI bus
should get found, whether or not it can do anything with it is another matter.

If you can't find it in /proc/scsi/scsi, then it isn't there.  Does the card
find the device on boot (most cards scan the SCSI bus and report on the way
up)?  If the SCSI card doesn't find it, then either it's not connected
correctly or terminators may be missing, etc.

I say check over the hardware very carefully.

Cheers!

Bob