Mandrake install

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 23:42:25 EDT 2003

Take a peek in /etc/sysconfig/network.  There should be a HOSTNAME entry in
there.  Chances are that is where the 'xl-' stuff is coming from.  Change that
to what you want the host name to be.  Then edit /etc/hosts and change the
localhost line to be:

127.0.0.1    localhost localhost.localdomain myhostname

Where 'myhostname' is the name that you gave the machine.  I find that I
usually have to do this on standalone machines that are not using DNS and are
not always connected to a network (such as dialups).  Try that and let us know
where you get.

Cheers!

Bob