Installing a new hard disk

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 14 00:25:38 EDT 2003

Well, changing the line in fstab only makes it stop trying to fsck on the way
up.  All other file system things that you want to do, you still have to do.

If you have a new drive and want to use it with linux, then you have to fdisk
it and do either 'mke2fs -j /dev/hdb1' or 'mke2fs /dev/hdb1' (journalled or
not) and then mount the drive.  I suspect that you can do that from the
mandrake control center.  This assumes you're going to make all one partition.

Cheers!

Bob