#nflug on efnet

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 8 20:26:14 EDT 2003

--- David Mangani <dmangani at att.net> wrote:
> I'm still not sure how to get this going. In RH9 I have xinetd. It does
> start and run at boot time. When I check in the xinetd.config file its
> has nothing in it at all about result encrypt. Below I have pasted the
> contents of my file.
>

> > # Simple configuration file for xinetd
> > #
> > # Some defaults, and include /etc/xinetd.d/
> >
> > defaults
> > {
> >     instances               = 60
> >         log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
> >         log_on_success        = HOST PID
> >         log_on_failure        = HOST
> >     cps            = 25 30
> > }
> >
> > includedir /etc/xinetd.d
>
> What do I need to include in here?

Wrong place,  look in /etc/xinetd.d for a file called either
"identd", or "auth". In it will probbaly be a line that says
"disable        = yes"  change that to "no" and restart xinetd
and identd should start.

If it's not there  you probbaly didn't install the identd daemon.
use your CD's...

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk