Athlon Motherboards

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Aug 2 11:56:58 EDT 2003

I'm running the ASUS A7N8X Deluxe MOBO.  It has 2 NICs (3Com, and nVidia
chip), onboard sound (AC97 compliant), 6 USB (2.0/1.1), 1 AGP (8x), and
6 PCI.

I don't use the onbaord sound since I have an Audigy, but overall it
worked right out of the box with RedHat 9.0.  The 3Com NIC was detected
during install, but I needed reference drivers from the nvidia site for
the nvidia NIC.  My Geforce2 card works fine with no probs.

THG (Toms hardware) ran tests against the board & found that the nvidia
NIC offered lower CPU overhead than the 3Com, without loss of performance.

I had a few reservations when my RAM wouldn't run in Dual-Channel mode,
but that was fixed in a BIOS upgrade from ASUS's site.  Since then, it's
been running without any flaws.

-Rob

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me