just installed mandrake 9.1

umar umar99 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 19:23:30 EDT 2003

and well... maybe something went wrong... cuz nothing
seems to be working... I mean... when kde loads, there
is nothing in the "start" menu... only bookmarks and
quick browser... no programs... and nothing happens
when I click the home icon on the desktop. I can also
see the icons for the windows partition but they are
not mounted and hence not accessible. I haven't
experimented a lot with it... but I thought I should
post it here and get some feedback from you guys. Let
me know how was your experience when i install mdk
9.1. I installed all the standard packages. I did see
an error installing a package during first CD... I
don't remember which package was that... I just
presumed it's not a very important one and continued
with out. If that's the cause then I might download
the first cd again.
Let me know your experiences.

Umar