Kazaa and iptables

Mark Musone mmusone at shatterit.com
Wed Apr 23 08:14:33 EDT 2003

Kazaa uses it's own port ( I think 1214), but unfortunately it also can
use (and quite oftenly) port 80, so theres not necessarially a quick and
easy fix.

You need to do packet inspection to filter it out.

Take a look at: http://www.oofle.com/filesharing.php
This has iptables filters.

With cisco routers, you need to do the following:
match protocol fasttrack
match protocol gnutella
match protocol napster
match protocol httpurl "\.hash=*"
match protocol httpurl "/.hash=*"
match protocol kazaa2
!
!
policy-map p2p
class p2p
police cir 8000 bc 1500 be 1500
conform-action drop
exceed-action drop

THEN, add the following to both of your incoming & outgoing Router
Interfaces:

interface FastEthernet0/0
ip nbar protocol-discovery
service-policy input p2p
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
ip nbar protocol-discovery
service-policy output p2p
!

This config not only blocks most P2P applications, but eliminates
Kazaa2's ability to port hop & utilize port 80

-Mark