Backup device

ron browning ron_browning14223 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 10 16:31:01 EDT 2003

How about an external hard drive!  It is faster and has other uses.  I use a Zip for projects (100, 250, and a 700) and a firewire 40 G for operateing system (New, on sail, was $50).  TDN has a Seagate Scsi (8 G) tape for less then $200.  At that price I'ed go for the hard drive.  Switch boots from one drive to the other and then recover to the other drive!
 JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote:anyone have an older smaller tape drive (preferably external SCSI) they can
part with, I need to learn to back up and create a backup of my current server
to reinstall and for education purposes.

Let me know, I have an external SCSI slot so that would work best.

I'm currently reading the Linux+ book (sybex) to try to get some cert for
linux. Finally decided my resume needs to refelct the things I've learned in
the last few years and unfortunately certs are the only way to prove that in a
keyword search :-)

It is actually very inclusive of the overlying goals and things you need to
know, I find myself reading everythign as an overview of things I know but have
forgotten or just a review more oftne than not but every now and then I say "
Oh that's why that is!" I recommend a read through this for anyone who wants
to ensure they know at least a good base of Linux AND the book uses Mandrake 8
as the example Distribution so it's certainly very familiar... :-)

JJN