xawtv

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Apr 4 11:34:15 EST 2003

Well... it still doesn't perform as advertized.
I did a modprobe tuner and that "worked" as far as getting it loaded.  It
had no effect at the application level.  Then,  I took a look at dmesg and
saw tuner trying to send a bunch of codes to my WINTV and getting NAK back
after 3 tries each.
then I did a depmod -a.
Next, I did I added options tuner type=602 to modules.conf (because I saw
something about WINTV USB and 602 in the CARDS file in one of the tarballs
from www.bytesex.org (I downloaded them and read the readme's, but didn't
try to install anything).
Then, I did an rmmod tuner.  It failed saying device busy, so it never got
to look at the options.
Just for the heck of it, I did another depmod -v -a | less.  I don't really
understand the output, but there were a number of messages about things
failing (about 6). If it's relevant, I can do it again and give you the
details.  I also looked at dmesg again and saw a few funny things (again, I
can get details) including usb hub port 3 disabled due to some problem
(that's the Ezonics camera).  The WINTV is on port 2 (if the numbering
starts at 1).
Then, I ran scantv and it gave the original error I reported earlier -
something about no V41.

So, in summary, the tuner module got loaded.  It had no effect.  I can't
reset it to try different options.  There are some possibly relevant
errormessages in the logs and scantv still wants something that hasn't been
created.

Thanks for your help.
Joe