Mozilla Menu settings

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 29 22:05:35 EDT 2002

My wife was working in e-mail and k-mail on my debian test box.  She tried to
open Mozilla both through a WM shortcut and by clicking a URL in an email in
Kmail.  Both opened Mozilla and Mozilla was transformed.  The menu and all the
text in the menu items (even the text next to menu buttons) is a font many
times normal size.  Maybe in the 50 point range?  File Edit can be seen but
that is about all.  Trying to open a menu item causes a drop down to open like
normal but the text again is so large nothing else but the first few char. are
seen.  I logged in as myself and the problem followed me.  I logged into anothe
machine and fortunately it was not a user setting.
I changed the theme on my working system and logged back into my bad system.
The new theme followed me (user setting) but the text was still too large to
fit more than 2 menu items in the whole screen.
I tried uninstalling adn reinstalling Mozzilla with no luck the newly installed
mozilla still had menu text way too large.
She gets lots of junk e-mail and I assumed one of the garbage e-mails changed
the font size of the menu items but I can't find this setting in the Mozilla
menu (i looked on the good machine).
any ideas.  I turned off prefer HTML in Kmail to try to avoid this Outlook like
behavior.

I found soe references online to an Xdefaults file but I don't appear to be
using one (I cant find one except a Xdefaults.example file).  Irun WM on this
machine. Any ideas

JJN