wireless card

mpo mpo1 at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 28 17:33:40 EDT 2002

Hello all,

Has anyone in the group have any experience with getting an Orinoco
wireless card recognized by Mandrake 8.2.  I was hoping to be at the
last meeting to bring up the subject but was not able to make it that
day.  I have been to various websites that give a lot of info on drivers
but none that really explain the step by step process of  getting the
thing to work. I can give additional system info if anybody  is
interested in tackling this.

 One item I did notice is that during start-up there is a line that says
that "request IRC--  resource is busy"(or something like that) and I was
wondering if this was somehow the problem. Mandrake  has no problem with
recognizong the nic that is connected to my cable modem as eth0, but
nothing shows up for eth1.

Anything at this point is appreciated. If  I can get this figured out
for connection sharing  I would be one step closer to dumping windows,
at least on my desktop.

Thanks,
Mike Osika