Does anyone know...

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 18 15:36:09 EDT 2002

Well, how about denemo?  It comes with Mandrake 8.2 (but there are a couple
things you have to know to get it to play) and seems to look OK.  It uses
lilypond to play the music back.  You have to change the names of the
staves 'cuz the default names are 'staff1', 'staff2', etc and lilypond
doesn't like numbers in the staff names.

I would expect that the version in 9.0 will be new and improved but you can
scarf the code for both of them (denemo and lilypond) from freshmeat.net
and they're both GPL.

Cheers!

Bob
--- "Bradley J. Bartram" <bradbartram at wycol.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any music notation software for Linux, preferrably KDE.
> It doesn't have to play the music via MIDI or anything, just allow notation
> on a staff and grand staff.
>
> I've looked but I haven't been able to find anything suitable.
>
> thanks
>
> brad

=====
Bob Meyer