Meeting Sunday and Mandrake ??

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrognet.net
Wed Sep 11 20:19:47 EDT 2002

JJ Neff wrote:

>This Sunday appears to be the 3rd Sunday of the month.  I will be in SC on
>Sunday so anyone wishing to attend a Linux Mtg with me is welcome:-)
>
>Seriously, we have no official place to meet as of this moment and no good
>ideas (anyplace that requires $ is right out - sorry ).
>
>Please brainstorm and post ideas.  We can meet at temporary place if it can be
>offered for only a short time...
>
>If no place is found by Friday we may postpone a few more weeks.
>****************************
>Mandrake ?? (or KDE mishaps)
>
>After much troubleshooting by myself and Bob M. we came to the conclusion that
>KDM was hosed. It was attempting to call executable files (Xstartup and Xreset)
>that do not exist on my machine.  They appear in /opt/kde3/ on a machine with
>KDE3 installed.  I do not have KDE3 and made no changes prior to getting the
>not able to login via KDM problem.
>
>I am downloading and installing KDE3, does anyone have any good links to the
>¨Best" way to install KDE3 on Mandrake 8.2 (I can´t remember all the details
>from the demo we had at a meeting some months ago).
>
>Still no idea what caused the files to disappear or KDM to want the incorrect
>files. No one claims to have changed anything although the cats are looking
>quite guilty.
>
>JJN

>Yahoo! - We Remember
>9-11: A tribute to the more than 3,000 lives lost
>http://dir.remember.yahoo.com/tribute

    I actually vote for a postponement.
I've got BIG problems in Linux Land that need attention, but on Sunday
I'll be leaving for Mexico !!
[ I'll see your I'll be Out of State, and raise you an I'll be Out of
The Country]   :-D

    "Cats are great detectors of negative chi, and abhor order. "
I guess it's hard to find a better definition of order than an HFS with
an information server residing in it.
Yin and Yang are just parts of the greater whole. Feng  Xui for the hard
drive I guess.

Regarding  Epistemology and Peter's _MATRIX_  quote, here's one :
" Is all of what we see or seem aught but a dream within a dream ?"  E.
A. Poe

--
Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE