mozilla java plugin

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Oct 24 15:40:48 EDT 2002

Any idea where to get a java plugin for mozilla 1.1. Got redhat 8.0 that
didn't come with java. I installed j2re-1_4_1_01-fcs-linux-i586 from sun
and there are ns4, ns6, ns61 directories under plugin when it installs. I
copy the
libjavaplugin_oji.so file from ns61 (tried others as well) into
mozilla/plugins and restarted mozilla, It crashes when I try to view pages
with java in them. They show up as types handled by this plugin under
help/plugins. The java runs because I have limewire installed and it runs
fine. Ideas?

Justin
Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer