(no subject)

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Oct 24 11:45:30 EDT 2002

They're are several ways to do this, is it just going to be a NAT router
for your cable, or do you want to serve files/printers from it. Do you
want to host mail. If not you can do setup a small linux dist. on a floppy
(or cd) and boot it when the PC boots. Can be read only. If you want to
sever stuff then you will need to do a full install. If you do a full
install you can use the normal iptables built into the kernel, redhat 8
has some tools to configure this. I've never used them, always wrote the
rules by hand.

For only routing:
check out:
http://www.linuxrouter.org/

I'm waiting for bob meyer to pipe up on this one.. :)

Riga, Anthony said:
> I want to try and set up an old pc as a linux router does anyone know of
> a program to use. Ive heard of a program called freesco does anyone know
> about it?
>
> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator