For all you squirrelmail buffs.

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 10 15:12:36 EDT 2002

I think I have an idea what this might be.  If sm isn't successful
connecting to the IMAP server, it will give exactly the error that
you mention.  So, if you have something silly like two imap servers
in DNS with a TTL of 0 and only one of them has IMAP running, then
half the time you'd get in and half the time you'd get bounced.

What IMAP server are you using?

Cheers!

Bob
--- Justin Bennett <Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com> wrote:
> I know Bob meyers had some experience with squirrelmail, maybe some
> others too. I'm running squirrelmail 1.28 on apache 2.0 (rehdat 8) and
> squirrelmail 1.27 on 1.3.23 on redhat 7.3. I have this problem
> occasionally on both (just noticed it on 1.28 today) but our employees
> in europe running 1.27 have complained about this. Sometimes when you
> first login and click on a new message you'll get an error that "You need
> to be logged on to access this page" then it gives you a link and you can
> relogon and all is well. I've only see this once, but keep hearing about
> it from europe. Any ideas? They're running ie 5.5 or 5.0 and I've only
> seen this on IE 5.5 on my w2k box. Maybe the browser is caching the page
> or something? Maybe some PHP setting I can set to get rid of this?
>
> Ideas are apreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Justin
>

> --