Virus Rescue Disk

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Nov 21 16:17:43 EST 2002

That rescue page allowed me to make a bootable ISO image, I was then able
to mount the ISO image, copy of the bzip2 .img file that is the linux file
system when the pc boots, mount it and add the virus scan software, bzip
it back up, copy it to the iso image, burn the iso image. Worked like a
charm..
:)
Thanks!

Justin
sfielding7 said:
> Good day Justin
>
> How did the file work I sent you
> did the boot CD come together
> Stephen
>

> Justin Bennett wrote:
>
>>anybody got some instructions on how to make a bootable CDrom that
>> boots into a linux shell environment. This is what I'm looking to do.
>> Burn a CD that boots a generic x86 kernel, boots into a shell and has
>> Macafee for linux on it so I can mount a disk and scan it. One of those
>> small distributions is prob fine, just need to be able to add macafee
>> and put it on a cd. I've got a buddy whose father in law has a 98 Pc
>> thats got viruses on it. I want to make a CD he can take over there,
>> boot up, mount the disk and scan it.
>>

> --
> Hamilton  Ontario Canada
>
> Remember chin up and put on a SMILE
> You my be surprised who is watching.
>

> --
> dangerous content by Dynabrade using Mailscanner,
> and is believed to be clean.

Justin Bennett
Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
Network Administrator