lilo

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Sun Nov 10 09:51:39 EST 2002

First off, if you're going to install LILO on the Master Boot Record
(MBR) of a drive, regardless of whether it's SCSI or IDE, you need to
make sure your BIOS is set to whatever drive you want. If you have a
RAID controller, you're bios should be set to use the RAID first.

Once you've got your primary drive set, install LILO onto the MBR.  You
can set any hard drive partition, SCSI, IDE, whatever, to be boot first
using LILO, as which drive is first doesn't matter to LILO or Linux.  I
have 4 drives, 3 IDE, 1 SCSI, which I can boot off my SCSI into Linux,
which my computer sees as my third drive.  It's all in how you set it up
in LILO, which OS to boot into, and which drive on your system it
resides on.

  - Tony