Mandrake - php nuke - and QT3(Nethack) - Flightgear

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Fri Nov 1 11:52:00 EST 2002

Personally, if you're going to use a CMS system for webpage hosting,
you're better of with PostNuke than PHP-Nuke.  PostNuke is less intensive
(memory and MySQL) than that of PHP-Nuke.

I've used PostNuke on my own system until I decided I didn't like having
to recode modules and add-ons to fit my needs, I just wrote my website
with an admin interface as I needed.

If all you're going to do is use PHP-Nuke for a home or hobby system,
then you should be fine, if you're going to use it for actual website
hosting, don't expect great things from your server if you have over 5
PHP-nuke sites running on it.

As far as NFLUG's site, I haven't seen it updated in a while... my only
comment/question is... why is a LUG hosting on a BSD server?  I have
nothing again BSD (I have Free/Net/OpenBSD in my possession, and have used
them), but I think we should support Linux...

<irc>
   /me looks at his linux server and offers his linux box for webhosting
</irc>

I run Slackware Linux on my server with PHP 4.3.2, Apache 1.3.27, Perl
5.8.0, Kernel 2.4.18, and MySQL 3.23.52... SSH/FTP access is available,
and I've got security set pretty tight on it.  If, whoever runs the site
currently, is interested, I have the ability to host and update the site.

I know I haven't been a very vocal part of the list, much less gone to a
meeting, though the offer is there should anyone want to take it into
consideration.

--
<? print(pack("c*", 74,117,115,116,32, /* Tony Evans aka "John Seth" */
 65,110,111,116,104,101,114,32,80,72   /*  Linux/Web Implementation  */