FW: Video Capturing

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue May 21 09:20:16 EDT 2002

This is one of my future pet projects.  I don't recall coming across any
SCSI requirements when investigating Video capture, but that may be more
on the VCD end since it includes CD-burning.

The linux kernel is capable of taking an IDE device (ie: CD-Burner) &
emulating it as a SCSI device so that the cdrecording utils can use it.
That's how I have it setup at home right now, and it works without any known flaws.

-Rob

> Has anyone ever captured Video (VCR tapes) and put them to VCD format in
> Linux.  So far all of the Windows capture cards/software need SCSI and my
> linux server is the ONLY system at my house that has SCSI.  Also I think the
> performance would be superior than Windowds :)
>

> Ronald K. Wechter
> NRD Buffalo Assistant Systems Administrator
> NRD Buffalo Webmaster
> Navy Recruiting Department Buffalo
> (716) 551-4901

Dege