adelphia cable on linux

Todd Wirth todd at phyberoptiks.net
Sat May 18 16:48:54 EDT 2002

There are some options to dhcpcd that might be working against you. You're
probally just having name resolution problems. Check the file
/etc/resolv.conf

If it's empty the dhcp client is probally being run with the -R option which
prevents dhcpcd from overwriting the /etc/resolv.conf file. The file stores
your name servers, and domain information.

dhcpcd -k (will kill the client)
dhcpcd [interface] (will start the client again on an optional interface
(eth0 is probally yours))

I'm running my own DNS server, but I have these two IPs from a while ago
which I think are valid. You could put this in /etc/resolv.conf and it
should work:

nameserver 24.48.33.2
nameserver 24.48.33.3

Some utils to test name resolution are nslookup and dig.
Typing: dig www.adelphia.net
Should yield:

<--stuff here-->

;; ANSWER SECTION: