CD-RW's Drive Problems.

Ronald Maggio r.v.maggio at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 14 10:08:37 EST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert F. Stockdale IV" <javabob at localnet.com>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2002 4:37 AM
Subject: Re: CD-RW's Drive Problems.

> I agree totally. No IDE here. My kids machines have it though and I
> won't change a thing on their's. Afraid of Ron's type of trouble. My
> server and workstation both have scsi. The server has 4 drives (all
> 18.2g) and a CDROM drive. Workstation has 2 drives (9.1g ea.), a CD-R
> and a DVD drive.
> Like you said scsi ROCKS!
> Bob
> <--------------------------snip------------------------------------------>
I'm am in agreement with you somewhat! I am trying to get a system with
older scsi 1 technology
up and running and I have played with scsi before this, but the equipment
was not mine and I did not get
much time to explorer and learn. I would though have to disagree with a part
of your statement scsi is the best, but
if you have money tied up in boxes now and at the time IDE was all that you
could afford then your stuck.
I would like to move the most of my computing world over to scsi, but wheres
the money going to come from to do it!
I know about IDE's limitations, but thats the most promoted interface on the
market and is the cheepest.
When scsi interface (what I mean by this is the cost of the drives and maybe
the other hardware although most scsi hardware is with in reach of "most"
pocketbooks) comes down in price to match IDE then you'll see
it as the most promoted.

My two cents worth:)

Ron

> Robert Meyer wrote:
>
> > And people wonder why I rag on IDE so much...
> >
> > IDE bytes!  SCsI ROcKS!
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Bob

IDE