Mandrake?

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 8 11:58:24 EST 2002

Not only large companies would want to cluster servers, but large companies can
more easily afford the investment in hardware/software (Hardware if using
Linux:-) that it requires.  Tje main reasons for clusters are fail-over,
load-balancing, recovery.  THe type of cluster determines which you get.

We cluster our Domino-Notes server for fail-over and ease of backup and we
cluster web servers for fail-over and load-balancing, we cluster file servers
for recovery and backup.  However its all Domino clustering or 3rd party file
replication apps right now.  Not a Linux cluster in the place.  It's hard
enough sneaking a Linux box into a corp (what I'm typing on rightnow from work
:-) let alone a clustered server !

JJN