Quick samba question

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Thu Jun 27 13:07:16 EDT 2002

Killall seems to be close to pkill.

KILLALL(1)                User

Commands                KILLALL(1)

NAME
       killall - kill processes by name

SYNOPSIS
       killall [-e,--exact] [-g,--process-group] [-i,--interac-
       tive] [-q,--quiet] [-v,--verbose] [-w,--wait] [-V,--ver-
       sion] [-s,--signal signal] [--] name ...
       killall -l
       killall -V,--version

I used a pkill -HUP it worked fine. I followed his train of thought. One
of my boxes had an smb.conf with the reload in the init script. I saw
the killproc -HUP, and figued a pkill -HUP would do the same. It worked,
nobody called to complain.